The BD EpiCenter™ data management system is a UNIQUE solution for microbiology laboratories to efficiently communicate and track all the information needed by every professional involved in infection control and patient treatment.BD EpiCenter™ directly interfaces with BD Phoenix™, BD Phoenix AP™, BD BACTEC™ Blood Culture Systems, BD BACTEC MGIT™ 960 for multi-instrument integration and complete data observation.Efficiently organizes workflow on one system - full data access at any time, anywhere, enhancing real-time data flow and result communication while reducing technician bottlenecks.
- The software is compatible with the hospital's existing Microsoft Windows™ computer network, providing simultaneous access to all connected staff.
- BD EpiCenter™ delivers healthcare professionals with a library of ready-to-use epidemiology reports designed to discover and monitor HAI outbreaks and trends.
- The system deploys a user-defined "Pro-Active" alerting system for the instant communication of sentinel events such as HAIs and antimicrobial-resistance marker detection.
- Open platform allows integration of information derived from other instruments
into BD EpiCenter™ via LIS interface
- Comprehensive statistical and epidemiological analysis functions,
more than 100 pre-defined reports
- Enhance data access with multiple BD EpiCenter™ workstations within the hospital network with no compromise on information quality.
- Create direct communication of “Sentinel events” (MRSA, MDR, etc) utilising existing e-mail system, pda or SMS.
- Control and prioritise the delivery of all results (including direct examinations, cultures, alerts ... ) to the hospital and infection control departments.
- Reduce the time spent from the ordering of the test to availability of results as much as possible (TAT : Turn around Time) to optimise patient treatment.