EZ-IO® Vascular Access Needle Sets provide rapid, smooth entry into the bone’s medullary cavity, creating an immediate conduit to the central circulation. The intraosseous (IO) space is a specialized area of the vascular system where blood flow is rapid and continues even during shock. Drugs and fluids infused via the intraosseous route reach the central circulation as quickly as those administered through standard IV access.
- 15GA needles that are constructed with 304-stainless steel and includes a patented cutting tip
- Black indicator lines are located at 5 mm increments from the hub for assessing insertion depth.
- Set contains NeedleVise® sharps block , EZ-Connect® IV extension set and Wristband
- Comprised of Catheter with Luer-lock connection, Stylet, Safety Cap.
- Sterile, non-pyrogenic, in protective packaging.
- Intended for use with EZ-IO® Power Driver.
The EZ-IO Needle Sets come in three different sizes:
- 15 mm PD Needle Set (Pink Hub) : designed for use with patients from 6-85 lbs. in weight or in casualties with minimal tissue over insertion sites.
- 25 mm AD Needle Set (Blue Hub) : designed for any casualties over 85 lbs. or for those who have too much tissue over the insertion site for the 15 mm needle set to be used.
- 45 mm LD Needle Set (Yellow Hub) : designed for patients weighing more than 85 lbs. or for those who have excessive tissue over the targeted insertion site (e.g. edema, large musculature, obesity). The 45mm LD Needle Set provides the length to effectively gain access to the intraosseous space on most patients and is ideal for the humerus site.
- FAST: Vascular access and good flow in 90 seconds
- EFFICIENT: 97% first-attempt access success rate
- SAFE: <1% serious complication rate
- Equivalent to IV for effectively delivering fluids and medications within seconds
- Effective, safe, multi-site placement for combat casualties
- Requires minimal additional equipment or resources