The Arrow® PICC is a peripherally inserted central venous catheter (PICC) manufactured with medical grade, flexible polyurethane. The Arrow® PICC has a non-tapered catheter body with either a blunt tip or a Blue FlexTip® that is softer than a cut tip with a contour design to enhance maneuverability. The Blue FlexTip® also provides visual confirmation of an intact catheter upon removal. The kit components assist in the insertion of the PICC providing solutions for safety and improving patient outcomes.
Indications: The PICC is indicated for short or long term peripheral access to the central venous system for intravenous therapy, blood sampling, and infusion.
Contraindications: This device is contraindicated wherever there is presence of device related infections, previous or current thrombosis. Clinical assessment of patient must be completed to ensure no contraindications exists.
- Indwelling Catheter: Radiopaque Polyurethane with Blue FlexTip®, Integral Extension Line, Extension Line Clamp
- GlideThru™ Peel-Away Sheath:
- Spring-Wire Guide: .018" (0.46 mm) dia. x 17-3/4" (45 cm) (Straight Soft Tip on Both Ends)
Spring-Wire Guide, Marked: .018" (0.46 mm) dia. x 51-3/16" (130 cm)(Straight Soft Tip on One End - Straight Stiff Tip on Other)
- Introducer Needle: Echogenic 21 Ga. x 2-3/4" (7 cm) TW
- Syringe: 5 mL Luer-Slip
- Skin Protectant Prep Pad (non-sterile solution)
- Dust Cap: Non-Vented
- SecondSite™ Adjustable Hub: Fastener
- SecondSite™ Adjustable Hub: Catheter Clamp
- Patient ID Card
- Chart Sticker
- Patient Information Booklet
- Paper Tape Measure
- Dressing: STATLOCK®1 Catheter Stabilization Device